If you are familiar with the great effort of finding cloves or cinnamon among so
How You Should Use Your Herbs and Spices for Cooking
It is not everyone that knows the proper way to use spices for cooking. When food is always better when it is seasoned properly, it is absolutely important for those who want to cook to learn the right way to season their food and meals.
How to Use Your Spices and Herbs in Cooking
Believe it or not, you will enjoy cooking much more once you have mastered the spice and herb basics. Your food will taste and smell better and more importantly you can impress your family, friends and others too! To make it happen, here is the things that you should learn!
Step 1: Understand the herb basics
Most herbs are able to be found both in fresh and dried condition. Herbs here are usually associated with leaves and also greener parts of plant like the bark, seeds and roots.
- Fresh herbs: for fresh herbs, they are great to garnish. They offer bold flavor and have such great aromatic qualities as well. It makes them go well for sautéing and roasting. But, you can also chop and mix it into food like mashed potatoes.
- Dried herbs: when it comes to dried herbs, they are best to use along with oil or water. This is because they are able to infuse the cooking liquid or oil. Make sure to crush your herbs first or sauté a little before use them.
Step 2: Understand the spice basics
Then, you should understand the basis spices for cooking as well. Commonly, spices are used in dried form. In the market, they are can be discovered ground or whole. Compared to herbs, spices are more varied in flavor and are likely to pack a larger punch.
- Bay leaves: bay leaves are one of the common spices that frequently appear on soups and stews recipes. They are also an primary ingredient in French and Cuban cuisines. When you use it for cooking, just remember to remove it when serving since it taste awful if you eat it directly.
- Chili powder: chili powder, crushed red pepper, chilies and cayenne pepper are common spices for various dishes. For example, crushed red pepper can be used to make pasta sauce while chili powder is usually used for cooking Spanish, Mexican, Cuban and Indian cuisines.
- Cinnamon: this is another spice that you better keep in hand when cooking. It has that sweet and spicy taste along with extremely aromatic smell. It is mostly utilized in savory and sweet dishes.
Step 3: Understand how to store them
Whether it is spice or herb, it is important for you to keep them away from heat, direct sunlight and air when storing them. This is because your herbs and spices will last longer that way. You can learn how to store them for long term to get the most of it.
The last, where can we find the best spices and herbs? If you prefer on buying online, Spicesid.com is a recommended spices online store to visit. Offering various kinds of spices, this online store is surely the perfect one to buy any kind of spices for cooking!